March 12 Men’s Lunch (Tony Roma’s)
March 18 St. Paul’s Sr. Ladies Lunch
March 20 Trinity Movie Night
March 28 Antique Fair/Nearly New Boutique
April 3 Pot Luck & Travelogue
May 2 Retirement Dinner for Rev. Randy
Sept 20 Welcome Back BBQ
Nov 7 Christmas Tea & Bazaar
ANTIQUE FAIR & NEARLY NEW BOUTIQUE
Plans are coming along well for the March 28 Antique/Collectible Fair and Nearly New Boutique
Along with the renters, we again will be featuring a Trinity Table, the Nearly New Boutique and an all- day light lunch in the Assembly Room, including homemade pies. Still needed:
- Distribution of posters
- Gently used SPRING clothing for men & women
- Good quality decorative housewares & furniture
- Homemade pies (pie plates in the kitchen)
- Workers to set up and work on the day
Sign-up sheets will be available soon. Come on out & lend a hand as this is Trinity’s second largest yearly fundraiser.
SUPPER CLUB HAS ADDED A FOURSOME
Supper Club as we know it was introduced to Trinity over 30 years ago by Nancy Carpenter. It’s a great way to get to know one another as 6-8 people come together 3 or 4 times during the year to enjoy each other’s company over an organized pot luck supper. These supper club events will continue for those people who enjoy entertaining in their homes and cooking for a larger group.
A Foursome Club is being organized in 2020 for those people wanting to meet within a smaller group during the year. It could be for lunch or evening events. They could meet in homes or they might choose to go to restaurants…. or play cards ….or go to community entertainment with refreshments following. The frequency of meetings would be decided by the group. This Foursome Club plan might appeal to those people who have limited room to entertain, are not keen on cooking or perhaps would just like the opportunity of having someone with whom to attend various activities within the community.
Sign up sheets will be up soon. Talk to Lee-Ann (345-6255) if you would like further details. Please note that the monthly men’s and ladies’ lunch will still continue.
Please note that a Retirement Dinner is being planned for retiring Rev. Randy Boyd on Saturday, May 2nd at the Prince Arthur Hotel. Details and tickets will be available from the Church Office after March 17.
HIGHLITES OF FEBRUARY 4, 2020 COUNCIL MEETING
- Trinity has an opportunity to host an Elvis Impersonator Gospel Singer Concert in early June as a fundraiser with a 50/50 split. Promotional material and tickets supplied. Coordinator required to oversee tickets and security. Will be announced in bulletin. Contact Randy if interested.
- Trinity Shelter House Coordinator being sought as of July 1, 2020 as Coordinator Jo-Ann Toskovich is stepping down
- Trinity Community of Faith Profile Committee nearly finished their responsibilities. Short surveys are being circulated within the congregation for further input.
- Shane will invite a St. John’s Ambulance rep to a council meeting to further discuss the purchase of a defibrillator for Trinity.
- Treasurer Les reported a $5000+ negative balance at January 31st. PAR stands at $8764 monthly. Some discussion regarding year-end statements and 2020 budget.
- A March 7 meeting is planned by Rob Smith for the ‘United Church Cluster’ group that initially met in January to discuss the possibility of all TB United Churches working together on specific projects. Meeting is at 10:00 am at Trinity and open to everyone.
- items coming in well for March 28 Antique Fair
- a six week evening Bible Study is being facilitated by Rev. Randy. “Travelling Light”, a video series by Max Lucado, is the theme. It will run Wednesday evenings Feb. 29 to March 25.
- Trinity movie nights were announced: January 31, February 28 and March 20
- a 2% salary increase, as of January 1, was recommended for the staff and will be taken to AGM
- Outreach is proposing a speaker series open to the public on Climate Change for 2020. New Outreach Partners are being sought for next year.
- Trinity passed the annual health inspection. The fire inspection also passed with a few provisions which will be handled by Property. Fire extinguishers will be inspected at month end.
- Dishwasher complaints were revisited. No problems. People are opening the dishwasher before the cycle has stopped. Wait for the green light to go off.
- a Pot Luck & Travelogue is planned for April 3 outlining travels to Europe
- name tag use for the congregation on Sundays was suggested. Will be studied.
- Waverly Park United Church Committee looking at ways to share outreach projects. Joint planning for Isthmus project and Shelter House being considered.
- Randy will write a brief notice to be placed in bulletins indicating that Trinity is an affirming church and welcomes all people
- Worship starting to look at services beyond May and perhaps using other speakers if supply minister not available. Is a fixed interim minister a possibility? Trinity may close in July and offer services in August this summer for a change. June Picnic not yet confirmed due to booking concern.
2019 ANNUAL MEETING
57 people were in attendance at Trinity’s 2019 Annual Meeting on February 23. Thank you Gary, Al, Rob and Bob for organizing the delicious lunch which included pulled pork-on-a-bun, salads and ice cream. After expenses $180 was turned over to the defibrillator fund.
How wonderful to have heard Treasurer Les announce that Trinity ended the year in the black! A sincere note of appreciation to all those who heard the urgent appeal in December and responded so generously.
The following people form the Incoming Council for 2020. We thank them for their willingness to serve.
Chair Jim Jackson
Past Chair Anne MacDonald
Secretary Patricia Gillies
CSRC Reps Jim Jackson & Jack Buckley
Roll Clerk Helen Pierce
Members-at-Large Gary Salonen, Jack Buckley & Ric Windsor
Multi Site Tech. Shane Judge
Christian Ed. Marlene Perrier
Ministry & Pers. Carol Forneri
Property Jean Murray
Pastoral Care Roberta Wood
Social Lee-Ann Smetaniuk
Worship Pat Jackson
Communication Gary & Josie Salonen
Trustees Chair to be determined
POT LUCK & TRAVELOGUE
April 3 has been chosen for the Spring Pot Luck and Travelogue. Bob Angel and Larysa Turko Angel will be showing slides and recounting their travels to Europe. Watch for further details.
Pennies still are collected as a mini fundraiser. There is a container downstairs.